Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Clear Leader: First Expiements

Late last night I finished my first attempt at coloring a film on clear leader. Before beginning the process I was able to acquire around 20-30 red onion skins from a friend at King Soopers. I applied the onion peels to the clear leader with water, allowing them to sit for ~20min before applying more water. After another 20min or so I dropped a single droplet of food coloring over the onion skin, I did this about 5-6 times at different sections of the film using a different color each time. I sprinkled a bit of water over each drop to spread the dye slightly. With the remainder of the film(which happened to be the head) I placed acrylic paint directly onto the film, then blended some of the colors using a cotton swabs. Below are some picture of the first clear leader film.
clear
onion6
onion5
leaderpaint
leaderpaint1

Working on another clear leader film so expect updates to this post, and eventually a slide show of both projects.

1 comment: